Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rudesheim


Today we continued to travel along the Rhine River which is 820 miles long over 6 countries and is the busiest rivers in Europe.

We sailed the most romanic section of the Rhine today with many castles and beautiful villages.

Ehrenbreitstein Fortress



Koblenz village




Horchheim


Stolzenfels Castle


Rhens village


Marksburg Castle


Braubach village


Marksburg and real life village Maypole to ensure good harvests etc. for the coming year





The steepness of the slopes that the vineyards grow on are unbelievable. Even though we saw them we can not imagine how anybody actually looks after the vines or picks the grapes.


Boppard village



This is one of the three largest vessels that sail the Rhine River.


Liebenstein Castle


Sterrenberg Castle


The wall that was built between the two castles to separate them as two brothers owned them and fell in love with the same girl hence a large lifetime feud.




Gutenfels Fortress



Schonburg Ruins


Floating ship of stone



Forshenberg Castle


Sooneck Castle 


Reichenstein Castle


Rheinstein Castle


Rheinstein Castle


Krone village


Mauseturm Castle



Klopp Castle


Rudensheim village

This is the happiest street in the world so they say here the Drosselgasse only 6 feet wide you can have to much to drink and sway from one side to the other to keep you upright on the way home.



We visited the Siegfrieds Mechanisches Musikkabinett with machines that played multiple instruments it was amazing.








1 comment:

  1. I found a Christmas decoration shop in Boppard village. It had all of the old type of glass ornaments we knew as children. I bought a tree ornament which was a pair of pink booties (Lani was having Paige at the time) I think I just knew the baby was going to be a girl. I had great fun snooping in those shops and yes, that part of the river was beautiful with so many castles to see, and I agree about the grapes on the hillsides, I don't know how they do it.

    ReplyDelete