Vienna is a city of wonderful music, elegant manners and sublime pastries. At the world fair visitors from all over the world poured into Vienna to see the grand new Opera House (which I had photos of yesterday).
We spent the morning in town and saw St Peters Church.
The Hofburg Palace originally a medieval castle, the Imperial Palace was the seat of the Hofburg empire until 1918. Nowadays the Hofburg houses the offices of Austria’s president, state apartments, museums and is home to both the Vienna Boys Choir and the Spanish Riding School.
Mum can you believe there is a shop in the palace that sells only Petit Point things, jewellery, purses, wall hangings etc.
Kunsthistorisches Museum
Naturhistorisches Museum – Natural History Museum
Leopold Museum
Statue of Maria Theresa
Parliament
Athena
Town Hall
People do wear their traditional dress here in Austria, these people we were behind at the traffic light waiting to cross over.
Schonbrunn Palace (Summer Palace)
Speak with you tomorrow from Slovakia.


































Wow, everything is so grand and lavish isn't it? The statue of Athena is lovely. I hope the weather stays nice for you. I did notice that you were carrying your umbrellas in one of the photos. It looks like you've made some lovely new friends on the cruise and are having a great time. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny
ReplyDeleteSorry about the comments posting, this was the only one I could see, I just thought you have been busy and not looking at the blog. I am not sure what has happened.
We are now using the umbrella as a sun shield instead of a rain preventer.
Still a wonderful time, very different countries now but so interesting.
Glad you are still enjoying the blog I will watch for any posts.
Love Lee-Anne